Recipe provided by Food & Wine Specialist Ema Koeda.
Chef Koeda: “This is a substantial and healthy meal even though it’s a salad. You’ll want to eat it once a week!”
Wine Selection: Try serving this salad with a California Chardonnay that has a citrusy aroma to bring out the bright and delicious flavors in both the food and the wine.
Ingredients (makes six servings)
400 g wild Alaskan cod
1 tsp. salt
1 stalk celery (cut into 2 cm pieces)
1 clove garlic (sliced)
1 bay leaf
Juice of 1/2 lemon
200 g country-style French bread
170 cc extra-virgin olive oil
2 stalks celery (sliced diagonally, rubbed with salt, and rinsed)
400 g tomatoes
1 Tbsp. capers (washed and chopped finely)
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
6 basil leaves
Panzanella is an Italian bread salad with plenty of heart-healthy olive oil.
- Sprinkle salt over cod and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Place 1 and A into a pot, cover with water, and simmer at medium heat until cod is cooked.
- Remove cod and let cool. Wipe cod with paper towel and combine with 50 cc of olive oil. Add salt if needed.
- Tear bread into pieces, combine with remaining olive oil, and toast in oven for 10 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Combine 3 and B and toss thoroughly.
- Add 4 and basil, and adjust seasoning with salt and lemon juice.
Love to read this post thanks for sharing